Quick view and print our hire leaflet HERE
1. Location - Are you thinking of having a house party, hiring a function room or hiring a hall? While it might seem obvious, you need a venue that will fit both the equipment and your guests. Most functions are made up of 3-4 areas - Equipment area, Dancing area, Social area and Food & Drink area (if applicable). Make sure you have enough space to cater for you and your guests.
2. Stands - First place to start with hiring equipment is the stand to hold the equipment. Here is a quick list of our suggestions.
Small venues - we recommend tripods that can be tucked away into corners
Medium venues - we would recommend a goal post stand of either 4ft or 6ft. Please keep in mind this is the size of the base, please check the total length of the lighting bar.
Large venues - we recommend a goalpost stand with tripods either side.
2. Audio - For house parties, most home sound systems should do the job. For extra sound, we would suggest our Active speakers with Amplifier built in and speaker stands. The volume can be adjusted to the required level on the back on the speakers. While we can hire mixers and CD players, most people choose to connect their laptop, tablet or other music player. We would always suggest having a backup device just in case!
3. Lighting - This is what will make your party special. We have a range of lighting effects and can advise on what would look best. Most functions would look good with 3-5 lighting effects. A few things to keep in mind:
Sound Activation - Most lighting uses this option to make the lights dance and work best near the speakers. If placed too far away, they won’t do much moving.
Heat - Lighting effects do get hot and need to be well ventilated and not covered. All units have a hanging bracket and we always recommend some type of stand. Keep out the way of small children!
Smoke - Smoke machines easily transform a disco with beams of light dancing around the room. You might need to check with the venue if you can use a smoke machine, as these can set off smoke detectors! The output nozzle of these units can get very hot, so will need to be mounted out of the way or on a stand.
4. Setup - Even the professionals can take up to an hour to erect a modest setup. If you haven’t done this type of thing before, leave yourself plenty of time. Make sure you have or have hired enough cables to connect the equipment and get the wall socket.
5. Performance - Have fun! Keep an eye on the fixture to make sure they are safe and not in anyone’s way. We would recommend having a 1-2 effects on at one time, too much light can spoil the overall effect and put people off dancing.
6. Dismantle - Once the fun is over, the equipment will need time to cool. Turn off the lighting effects and start to dismantle the audio equipment. Give the lights around 30 minutes to cool. Pack items away in supplied boxes and check all leads are present.
Gloucestershire, Bath, Gloucester, Bristol, Swindon, Cheltenham, Oxford, London, Tetbury, Cirencester, Cardiff, Wiltshire
Stow on the Wold, Bibury, Buford, Berkeley, Castle Combe, Chippenham, Tewkesbury, Cirencester, Malmesbury, Evesham, Monmouth, Malvern, Trowbridge, Morton In Marsh
Stonehouse Court, Cripps Barn, Function Barn Cattle Country, Calcot Manor, Great Tythe Barn Tetbury, Manor House & Golf Club, Matara Centre, Kingscote Barn Kingscoate, Berkeley Castle,Clearwell Castle, Celtic Manor, Tortworth Court, Cheltenham Park Hotel, Chase Hotel Shurdington, Bibury Court Hotel, Swan Hotel, Dumbleton Hall, Leigh Court
Mobile Disco Bath, Wedding Disco Bristol, Mobile Disco Swindon, Wedding Disco Gloucester, Mobile Disco Cheltenham, Wedding Disco Bath, Wedding Disco Bristol
Wedding Party DJ, Mobile Disco Hire, Martin Audio PA Hire, Sound Hire, School Prom, 80’s Disco, 70’s Mobile Disco, Corporate Party DJ, Personality DJ, Wedding Disco DJ
Priston Mill Bath, Watermill Priston Mill Bath, Coombe Lodge Blagdon Bristol, Charlton Kings Cheltenham, Kemble nr Tetbury, Grittleton House Cotswolds, Chipping Campden
Broadway, Lechlade, Chipping Sodbury, Bourton-on-the-Water, Somerford Keynes, Fairford, Chipping Campden, Andoversford, Bradford-on-Avon, Badminton, Thornbury,
Wotton under Edge, Wick Farm Barn Hungerford, Winchcombe, Sudeley, Upper Slaughter, Churchdown, Newent, Bathampton, Bathwick, Shepton Mallet, Gloucestershire
Wedding Hire, Disco Hire, Party Hire, Lighting Hire, Audio Hire, PA Hire, Theme Night Hire